Thursday, September 6, 2007

NFL quick picks

Given that I live in a city where sports wagering is legal, I might wind up writing a bit about it on this blog. I've already had one request to post my famous five-team weekly NFL parlay, which I'll do tomorrow. In the meantime, here are my picks for the NFL season, just so I can look back in January and see how stupid I was.

NFC division winners: Eagles, Saints, Bears and Rams
NFC wild cards: Panthers, 49ers
NFC champion: Saints

AFC division winners: Patriots, Ravens, Colts and Chargers
AFC wild cards: Broncos, Bengals
AFC champion: Chargers

Super Bowl champion: Chargers

Yes, I know I'm putting a lot of faith in Norv Turner. I like to live dangerously.

One note on the Purple: I think they'll be historically bad. I have no faith in the TJ-Secret Squirrel combo, I think the defense will be worn down from having to deal with the offensive ineptitude, and their special teams have been nothing short of horrible in the preseason, reflecting a trend that emerged last year.

I hope I'm wrong, because I'm still a fan and because I still get paid to write about them by a couple of outlets, and it's always more fun to follow a winning team. But this thing smells like 4-12.

More football talk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment